PDSA e-Learning Zone
Welcome to the PDSA e-learning zone, where you can access a growing portfolio of e-learning courses and resources for all those involved in animal care and well-being.
Why not expand your knowledge with a tailored course from the PDSA, designed and written by our veterinary and learning and development team.
Three new e-learning modules are now available:
- What Dogs Need
- What Cats Need
- What Rabbits Need
These modules are in addition to our existing topics:
- What Pets Need (updated in July 2012 from Introduction to Pet Health and Welfare)
- Handling Bereavement and Euthanasia for veterinary professionals
- Pet first aid and medication
- Safe Manual Handling / Handling and restraining of animals
Prices start from as little as £10 per module inclusive of VAT, per user. This includes access for 30 days, an online quiz, hosting and technical support.
Whatever your expertise our e-learning will provide practical advice and tips on pet related topics! Find out more today about the courses currently available and register online today.
- Our courses will provide access to learning content created by our leading subject matter experts
- Individuals in the animal care and well-being professions can access pet and client related topics without the need to travel
- You will be supporting PDSA's charitable service (caring for the pets of people in need by providing free veterinary services to their sick and injured animals and promoting responsible pet ownership) as PDSA PetAid Enterprises Ltd gifts it's profits to PDSA.
- We have designed a simple registration process to enable individuals to purchase a course and access our learning management system.
- e-Learning is available on demand - enabling users to complete the training when it’s most convenient at work or even from home!
- e-Learning is self-pacing - for slow or quick learners this reduces frustrations and increases learning satisfaction
- Reduced overall cost – no training room, travel, accommodation costs to be factored into the e-learning course fee
- Time away from the workplace reduced – all the learning time is focused on the material not on travelling to a specific venue.
- Consistent messages – e-learning ensures everyone receives the same messages, and an opportunity for the learner to revisit the content to reinforce the learning if they wish.
- Automated successful completion certificates – individuals who have successfully completed the course quiz will receive a completion certificate automatically emailed to them.
* requires Adobe Flash Player
This service is provided by PDSA PetAid Enterprises Limited - A wholly owned subsidiary of The Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals, registered charity nos. 208217 & SC037585
Donate to PDSA
Sign up to PDSA
I enrolled on the PDSA course "An Introduction to Pet Health and Welfare" as I was thinking about studying animal care but was nervous about starting a course requiring a big commitment of time and money. This fitted the bill perfectly. I was surprised how much I learnt and can still remember; you can take the test at the end 3 times which is a really good was of consolidating the new information , and I'm looking forward to starting PDSA's First aid for pets course soon. I'm also planning to enrol on a longer course funded by ILAScotland on the subject of feline behaviour as a result of my increased confidence: I got full marks for "An Introduction to Pet Health and Welfare"!
Share this page via your mobile phone: