Support the PDSA Biscuit Break
We’d like to ask people across the UK to get together and raise funds whilst having a little bit of fun!
Invite your family, friends or work colleagues to join you for a cuppa and biscuits and raise money for sick and injured pets!
Set your date and location, buy or bake your biscuits and invite your guests along to your Biscuit Break – it’s as simple as that!
We will provide you with a Roobarb and Custard themed pack which includes invitations, stickers raffle tickets and a Biscuit Break poster to help you advertise and host your event.
- Buy or bake your biscuits (the posher the better !)
- Invite your friends, family or work colleagues to your Biscuit Break at a convenient location (this could be your home, place of work, school or community hall). Don’t forget to give your guests enough notice, use your invites and put up posters
- Ask for a donation from everyone who attends
- Add a raffle or a quiz to help you raise even more money
- Send all the money you have collected to PDSA so that we can help more pets
• 225g (8oz) unsalted butter, softened
• 225g (8oz) caster sugar
• 170g tube Carnation Condensed Milk
• 350g (12oz) self-raising flour
• 150g (5½oz) white chocolate, chopped
• 175g punnet raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar, until pale and then stir in the condensed milk.
3. Sift in the flour and then work into a soft dough with your hands.
4. Mix in the chocolate.
5. Take a small handful of dough and flatten with your fingers. Place 2-3 raspberries into the centre of the cookie and fold over the sides of the dough to encase the raspberries. Repeat with the remaining dough.
6. Place onto parchment lined baking trays, spacing well apart and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown at the edges, but still a little soft.
7. Leave to cool slightly and set before transferring to a cooling rack.
8. The dough without the raspberries will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days or for about 1 month in the freezer - freeze in small slightly flattened chunks and bake as required!
Try these other combinations:
- Roasted hazelnuts and dark chocolate
- 3tbsp cocoa mixed into plain dough with white and dark chocolate chunks added at the end.
- Dried cranberries and macadamia nuts
- Ripple in some Carnation Caramel and add some chopped stem ginger
- Orange zest, raisins and cinnamon
If you aren’t able to host or attend a Biscuit Break event you can still help us to help pets by making a donation
Please note that while your help with our fundraising is very much appreciated, PDSA cannot accept liability for any fundraising activity or event you undertake on our behalf, unless you contact us prior to the event and register it with us.
Spread the word
Now you have registered your biscuit break with PDSA, it’s time to let your friends and family know about it, and with the help of Facebook and Twitter we can make that task a little easier!
Share this page via your mobile phone: