If you pay UK tax, even if it’s just on your pension or a part-time job, whenever you make a donation to PDSA we can claim back some of the tax you’ve already paid. This scheme is called Gift Aid.

Even more, it means you can be sure some of the tax you pay is going to help sick and injured pets – a cause you really believe in.

If you wish to allow us to claim Gift Aid on goods that you donate to our high street shops then please complete the Retail Gift Aid Declaration form.

How does it work?

  • For each £1 you give PDSA, we can claim back an extra 25p in tax.
  • It doesn’t cost you anything – all you have to do is fill in a short, simple form giving us permission to reclaim this tax.
  • We can even claim for all the gifts you’ve made in the past four years.


You can fill in our online Gift Aid Declaration

Gift Aid Frequently Asked Questions

Do I qualify for Gift Aid?

You must be a UK taxpayer and pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April one year to 5th April the next) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that PDSA will reclaim on your donation for that tax year.

How do I know if I pay income tax?

You pay tax if:

  • Income tax is taken from your wages or salary before you receive your pay
  • You pay tax after filling in a self-assessment form each year
  • You have taxable savings e.g. in a Building Society or a pension plan

Have I paid capital gains tax?

You will have paid capital gains tax on the sale of property or shares, for example.

Do I pay tax on my pension?

You will receive a P60 each year, which will show any tax deductions from your pension.

I’m not a UK taxpayer. Can I still Gift Aid my donation?

Unfortunately you will be unable to make a Gift Aid declaration, but if you tick the non-taxpayer box, we will be able to update our records.

What does the Gift Aid declaration commit me to?

Nothing, it simply ensures that PDSA can claim an extra 25% back from the HM Revenue & Customs on any qualifying donations that you make.

How long does the declaration last for?

Indefinitely, PDSA is able to claim on any qualifying donations made over the past 4 years. If you wish to cancel your Gift Aid declaration or your tax status changes, please contact PDSA supporter services on 0800 019 9155.

HM Revenue & Customs ask all Charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASC's) who use Gift Aid to ensure that Donors and Supporters understand the scheme. You have kindly provided a Gift Aid declaration that will allow PDSA to claim back the basic rate of tax on any qualifying gifts of money received from you while you are a UK taxpayer and:-

  • You confirm that you have paid, or will pay, an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each year (6th April one year to 5 April the next) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that you donate to will reclaim on your gifts for that tax year.
  • You understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify for Gift Aid.
  • You understand the charity will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that you give.
  • The declaration also states that all your qualifying gifts of money made in the past four years and all donations you make from the date of the declaration should be treated as Gift Aid donations and gives PDSA authority to reclaim the tax on those donations.

Please notify PDSA if you: 

  • Want to cancel this declaration
  • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue & Customs to adjust your tax

Contact Us

Call 0800 019 9155

Speak to a member of our team
Mon - Thurs 09:00-20:30
Fri 09:00-17:00

Donate to PDSA

Sign up to PDSA

View an example monthly
email newsletter

Mobile bookmark

Share this page via your mobile phone:

Loading ...
Loading ...

We are processing your donation - please wait while we contact your bank. This process can take up to 60 seconds to complete.

Loading ...

please wait...