Make your gift worth even more to us, without paying a penny extra.
If you pay UK tax, even if it’s just on your pension or a part-time job, whenever you make a donation to PDSA we can claim back some of the tax you’ve already paid. This scheme is called Gift Aid.
Even more, it means you can be sure some of the tax you pay is going to help sick and injured pets – a cause you really believe in.
If you wish to allow us to claim Gift Aid on goods that you donate to our high street shops then please complete the Retail Gift Aid Declaration form.
- For each £1 you give PDSA, we can claim back an extra 25p in tax.
- It doesn’t cost you anything – all you have to do is fill in a short, simple form giving us permission to reclaim this tax.
- We can even claim for all the gifts you’ve made in the past four years.
You can fill in our online Gift Aid Declaration
Do I qualify for Gift Aid?
You must be a UK taxpayer and pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April one year to 5th April the next) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that PDSA will reclaim on your donation for that tax year.
How do I know if I pay income tax?
You pay tax if:
- Income tax is taken from your wages or salary before you receive your pay
- You pay tax after filling in a self-assessment form each year
- You have taxable savings e.g. in a Building Society or a pension plan
Have I paid capital gains tax?
You will have paid capital gains tax on the sale of property or shares, for example.
Do I pay tax on my pension?
You will receive a P60 each year, which will show any tax deductions from your pension.
I’m not a UK taxpayer. Can I still Gift Aid my donation?
Unfortunately you will be unable to make a Gift Aid declaration, but if you tick the non-taxpayer box, we will be able to update our records.
What does the Gift Aid declaration commit me to?
Nothing, it simply ensures that PDSA can claim an extra 25% back from the HM Revenue & Customs on any qualifying donations that you make.
How long does the declaration last for?
Indefinitely, PDSA is able to claim on any qualifying donations made over the past 4 years. If you wish to cancel your Gift Aid declaration or your tax status changes, please contact PDSA supporter services on 0800 019 9155.