How do volunteers help PDSA?
Volunteers are absolutely vital to PDSA, providing help and support in all aspects of our work: in our retail network, fundraising groups, offices and PetAid hospitals right across the UK. Volunteers help to raise money to fund our vital veterinary work and also raise awareness of the charity in the community. As well as helping PDSA you can really benefit from volunteering personally too!
The benefits of volunteering at PDSA are endless – here are just some of them:
- Make new friends
- Become part of a valued team
- Gain valuable work experience
- Learn new skills
- Have a lot of fun
- Develop skills you already have
- Gain confidence or help others to
- Get a great sense of satisfaction and achievement
- Do things you always wanted to but thought you never would
- Help sick and injured pets as well as their worried owners
PDSA was the first UK-wide organisation to be awarded the prestigious Investing in Volunteers (IiV) quality standard, after passing a vigorous assessment programme, undertaken by Volunteering England.
Achieving IiV recognises the charity’s dual commitment to offer worthwhile volunteering opportunities and to demonstrate good practice in volunteer management.
Find Your Nearest Shop
Sign up to PDSA
Share this page via your mobile phone: