Kittens and Cats
It may seem that cats can look after themselves, but as with all of our pets they have five welfare needs to keep them healthy and happy.
Here’s a quick check list of some of the things I need:
- Clean bowls for food and water, but not milk as it can upset my tummy
- A comfortable sleeping area and somewhere I can hide
- A scratching post and cat toys
- Lots of exercise, I like to play, climb and chase toys!
- A litter tray that is cleaned out regularly – don’t forget to wash your hands afterwards!
- Lots of fuss and attention!
- A brush to keep my coat healthy
- A special toothbrush and cat toothpaste to keep my teeth nice and clean.
- A vet to give me vaccinations, regular treatment for fleas and worms and care if I am sick or injured.
PDSA vet, Alice, demonstrates how vets give cats a health-check. Examining a friendly tabby cat called Baby, Alice checks that Baby is bright and alert, and that his eyes, nose, teeth, ears, paws, coat, tummy, heart and lungs all look and sound healthy.
We have lots more video's you can watch of our vets and nurses caring for pets. Why don't you visit our Watch page to see them all.
We have two great posters you can download and print out to keep at home. Just click on the links below to get your copies today
Download a cute kitten poster (PDF - 452 KB) for your wall!
Download our Pet files page on cats (PDF - 2.73 MB)!
There are 2 links on this page which are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. In order to view them you will need the free Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer.
Your Right Pet
Choosing 'Your Right Pet' is the most important decision a new pet owner can make.
Use our online tool to find out which animal might be the right pet for you.
Catch up with the
latest news from
Pet Protectors HQ.
Read Animal News
Subscribe to Animal Antics
Receive our fab kids
magazine and become a member of the Pet Protectors Club - all for £12 a year! Join here today!
Upload a Photo
Show everyone how
cute your pet is!
Want to be a vet?
Discover what it's
like to work as a
Don't miss our latest competitions.
Share this page via your mobile phone: