Visiting our Pet Hospitals
We’re currently only providing appointments at our Pet Hospitals for emergency treatment. If your pet needs emergency treatment please contact your hospital directly. Please only attend if you have an appointment booked.
If your pet needs non urgent treatment please submit a request for a call-back and a PDSA Vet or Nurse will get back to you.
If you have an appointment
When we confirm an appointment, we’ll explain the arrival process over the phone to you. However, you’ll be asked to:
- Tell us if you’re unwell, have been diagnosed with Covid-19, are in self-isolation or vulnerable
- Come to your appointment alone wherever possible, and arrive as close to your appointment time as possible
- Give us your current phone number, and bring your phone with you to your appointment
- Wait where directed by our teams after checking in, this may mean waiting outside, in your car or within marked areas,
- Keep two metres away from others, and follow all directions from our staff
- You must wear a face covering when going inside a Pet Hospital. If you are exempt or unable to wear a face covering our staff will ask you to wait outside while your pet receives veterinary care, to help protect our staff, you and other pet owners.
- Use our hand sanitiser or wash your hands when entering
- Use contactless or cards if you are paying for or donating towards your pet’s treatment
Thank you for your support and patience during this difficult time. We hope that you and your pets stay safe and well, but we're here if you do need us.
Watch PDSA Vet Hermione explain what you can expect if you do need to make an emergency visit to help keep everyone safe:
Coronavirus in pets
Read our vets' advice on the different types of Coronavirus in pets on our Pet Health Hub.
Can pets catch Coronavirus?
Our vets have put together answers to some of the most common questions about the virus and pets.
Request a callback
If you want help to decide if your pet needs to see a vet please fill in our advice call back form.