PetWise MOTs are a brand new consultation structure for carrying out health and wellbeing checks in your practice.
At PDSA we believe every pet should get the lifetime of wellbeing that they deserve and we know there is more to this than just providing for their basic health and preventive needs.
The Animal Welfare Acts outline the five things all pets need to stay happy and healthy, and it’s these that our PetWise MOTs are structured around.
During a PetWise MOT every client and pet receives:
- An overview of the five welfare needs of their pet.
- A full wellbeing assessment using a simple, yet effective traffic light system.
- A fully supported personalised action plan including advice and guidance tailored to their needs.
We have run over 100,000 PetWise MOTs in our Pet Hospitals and in the community on our mobile PetCheck tours and their positive impact is clear:
- up to 40% increases in preventive services uptake.
- 45% reduction in the number of pets not having any of their needs me.
- 14% increase in the number of pets having all of their needs fully met.
- 28% of pets receiving a PetWise MOT go on to receive treatment for conditions which would have otherwise gone unnoticed.
On top of these life changing benefits for pets:
- 86% of clients found their PetWise MOT extremely beneficial.
- 75% of vets and vet nurses believe PetWise MOTs are a very effective tool for improving pet wellbeing.
- 100% of clients believe every UK vet practice should offer this service.
PetWise MOT’s are a proven catalyst to help improve pet wellbeing and we have now developed a 7 hour workshop to share with the veterinary profession, along with PetWise MOT tools that will benefit your clients and their pets.