Using Facebook, Twitter & press to support your Biscuit Break!
Now you have registered your biscuit break with PDSA, it’s time to let your friends and family know about it, and with the help of Facebook and Twitter we can make that task a little easier!
Follow these six easy steps to successfully promote your PDSA Biscuit Break on Facebook
- Create an event on Facebook and invite all your friends and family. For tips on how to create your Facebook event visit http://www.facebook.com/help/events/create
- Tell us about your event on the PDSA Facebook Page
- Download the Biscuit Break cover image and upload it to your profile.
- Send status updates to all your friends to tell them all about your biscuit break.
- Add a Twibbon to your profile picture and let everyone know your helping to support PDSA.
- Set up a JustGiving page with a JustTextGiving text to donate number, and ask your friends and family to donate even if they can’t attend your Biscuit Break.
Follow these five simple steps to tell all your followers about your PDSA Biscuit Break on Twitter
Send tweets to all your followers to tell them about your biscuit break.
Add a Twibbon to your profile picture and let everyone know your helping to support PDSA.
Use the Biscuit Break Hashtag! #crumbs
Tweet us @PDSA_HQ and tell us about your break – remember to include the Hashtag!
Set up a JustGiving page with a JustTextGiving text to donate number, and ask your followers to donate even if they can’t attend your Biscuit Break.
And you can spread the word about your biscuit break further
Local media is a great way to promote your PDSA Biscuit Break to residents and animal lovers in your area. We’ve put together this handy pack with step-by-step instructions to help you make your PDSA Biscuit Break event a success.
Useful Information (DOCX - 14 KB)
Pre-event press release (DOCX - 15 KB)
Guide to local publicity (DOCX - 104 KB)
Post-event press release (DOCX - 15 KB)
If you need details of your local press and radio contacts, just email us at email@example.com, or ring 01952 204792 for advice.