The 2.6 Challenge - Join Team PDSA
Like many other charities, PDSA has had to suspend many of our fundraising activities due to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. This is why we think The 2.6 Challenge is an awesome idea.
You can be a hero while staying at home and still fundraise for your favourite charities - like PDSA! The 2.6 Challenge is a nationwide virtual event that you can participate in no matter how old you are or where you are, whether you're on your couch, in your kitchen or chilling in the back garden.
How do I get involved?
The challenge officially starts on 26 April 2020, which is the same date the London Marathon would have run. Charities everywhere depend on the vital funds that are normally raised on this day, but due to the current Covid- 19 crisis the London Marathon, and many other fundraising events, have been cancelled.
All you have to do to take part is:
- Choose your challenge – it should contain the numbers 2.6 or 26 (come up with your own challenge or select some from our list below).
- When you've decided on your challenge, set up a fundraising page.
- Let the world know what you're doing, tell your friends and family and post on social media. Ask them to sponsor you or even start their own challenge!
- Complete your challenge (or start it if your challenge stretches over multiple days) on the 26th April.
- If you want to - share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with @PDSA_HQ on Twitter or @teampdsa on Instagram
Need a little kickstart to get the creativity flowing? We have some ideas for you below:
With your pet
- Try and get your dog or cat to stay still for 26 seconds. Get friends and family to sponsor you depending on how long you can keep your pet still.
- Do 26 minutes of yoga with your pet.
- Teach your dog 26 tricks. Have your friends sponsor you £1 for every one you can get your dog to do.
- Walk 2.6 miles with your pet each day.
- Play a game of hide and seek with treats or toys - see if your pet can find them in 26 different places.
On your own
- Run 2.6k.
- 26 laps of your garden. Get friends and family to sponsor you per lap.
- Do 26 stair climbs in a row.
- Challenge yourself to do 26 squats, or (if you really want to feel the burn) 26 burpees in a row.
- Bake 26 cupcakes - bonus points if they're pet themed!
- Draw 26 different pictures of dogs/cats/rabbits and sell them to your friends for £1 each.
- Name a breed of dog for every letter of the alphabet.
With family or friends
- Host an online 26 question quiz for your friends, charge an 'entry' fee to go towards your sponsorship.
- Challenge 26 friends to complete 26 pressups in the fastest time.
- Build a tower of 26 random objects you can find in the house.
- Host a virtual dinner party with 26 friends - and you only have to cook for yourself! Everyone can put in a couple of quid for the experience.
What can I do to support PDSA if I can't fundraise?
If the challenge isn’t for you, but you’d like to help and be involved – why not join in by donating £2.60 (the cost of a cup of coffee) or £26 (£1 for each marathon mile that would have been run.) I wish to help by making a donation.