PDSA Charity Shops
Due to recent announcements, we have had to close all of our shops in Wales, Scotland and England. The safety of our staff, volunteers and supporters remains our absolute priority.
We’ve introduced robust social distancing measures, and provided personal protective equipment to help keep everyone safe. We’re continually reviewing our approach and monitoring the situation, including any local restrictions as they arise.
The Coronavirus pandemic continues to have a massive impact on our fundraising activities and we’re seeing a huge drop in income. We’re really pleased to be welcoming customers back through our doors to help raise vital funds for pets in need, but will only do so following the strictest safety measures.
What we're doing to keep you safe
As you'd expect, we've made significant changes in line with the latest government guidelines for everyone's safety:
In our shops
- We're changing our opening times to 9:30am – 4:30pm so that we can carry out a deep clean every day.
- Customers should wear face coverings inside our shops, unless exempt. This is to help protect fellow customers, volunteers and staff. It is mandatory inside all shops in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland under government guidelines.
- Social distancing is being implemented throughout our shops.
- One way systems have been introduced around our shops.
- Hand sanitiser is available for everyone to use.
- There are screens at the tills.
- Masks and gloves are being provided to our staff and volunteers.
- We've increased our time limits on returns to 28 days.
- Key areas are cleaned regularly throughout the day.
We're always grateful for your generously donated items and we're delighted to be able to accept some donations again as our shops reopen.
- Donated items are quarantined for 72 hours.
- All clothing is steam cleaned with professional equipment.
- Homeware and other items are wiped down or washed.
For the time being, we can't accept furniture and have no home collections available. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
If you have more questions, take a look at our shop reopening FAQs.
Can you spare a few hours to help raise funds to treat sick and injured pets? All our volunteers receive full training and appropriate PPE for their roles. To find out more about joining our friendly team visit our volunteer pages.
Supporting our charity shops
Shop with us and be a pet superhero. We sell a fantastic range of 'pre-loved' and brand new items. Every purchase helps fund our Pet Hospitals and keep pets free from pain and suffering. Your support is needed more than ever during the coronavirus crisis.
What can I donate?
Having a clear out? Donate your pre-loved clothes, books, toys and homeware to us and turn them into treatments for poorly pets. Please note: Only our open shops are taking donations at the moment and we aren't able to take donations of furniture or arrange collections.
Volunteering at shops
Applications to volunteer in our shops remain open. However, due to recent government announcements causing shop closures, these applications will be reviewed once we have the governments guidance on reopening. Thank you for your continued support.
If your local shop isn't open yet or you'd rather not head to the high street, you can still support PDSA by shopping with us online.
PDSA Pet Store
Shop our extensive range of pet care products, all approved by our vets. Every purchase you make goes towards helping a pet in need in one of our Pet Hospitals.
AmazonSmile is the same as the Amazon you know but you can support charity while you shop at no extra cost to you! Just sign-in and choose PDSA.
Thank you for your support
We need your support now more than ever because thousands of vulnerable pets and their owner urgently need our help, despite this awful disease that has impacted us all. The effects of lockdown on the economy has seen reduced salaries and redundancies, meaning a huge number of people have had to turn to PDSA in desperate need. Even in a pandemic, pets still get sick and injured. We need your help to keep our vital veterinary services going to stop the pain and suffered of much-loved pets when they need us most.
Your support will help stop suffering and save pets when they have nowhere else to turn. Thank you.