Volunteering at PDSA
Volunteering your time is one of the best ways you can contribute to our life-saving work.
In 2021 alone, we treated over 370,000 pets across our 48 pet hospitals. Without the 3,000 volunteers who kindly donate their time to PDSA each year, we simply wouldn’t be able to do this.
No matter your skills, background, experience, or the amount of time you can volunteer, we have a volunteering role that is perfect for you. Whether you’re looking for long or short-term opportunities, volunteering is a fantastic way to learn new skills, meet like-minded people, get involved with your local community and support our fantastic cause!
What is it like to be a volunteer at PDSA?
A day in the life of Helen
Helen has been a volunteer at our Bramley PDSA Charity Shop since 2014. During this time, Helen has supported PDSA immensely and was even crowned our ‘Volunteer of the Year’ in 2018.
We caught up with Helen to find out how volunteering has made a difference in her life and what she enjoys most about working in a PDSA charity shop.
Benefits of volunteering
Here are just a few reasons why you should volunteer in one of our shops:
- You’ll gain practical work experience and develop new skills
- You’ll meet new people and become part of a fantastic team
- You’ll grow in confidence and improve your mental and physical wellbeing
- You’ll help to make a difference and save the lives of pets in need
- You’ll promote sustainability by selling pre-loved goods
- You can donate as much or as little of your time as you wish
Become a volunteer
To become a volunteer, you’ll need to be 18 years or older.
No previous experience is required as we provide full training and support you with ongoing coaching. Our volunteers also have free access to our Volunteer Hub, which is full of useful training courses, development materials, and information to support your wellbeing.