Welcome to PDSA Pet Care
PDSA Pet Care is a membership scheme to help eligible pet owners access reduced cost veterinary care for their pet.
Who can access PDSA Pet Care?
Pet owners who live within the postcode catchment area of a participating veterinary practice and receive support through any of the following:
- Housing Benefit
- Means-tested support with Council Tax, or
- Universal Credit with Housing Element
- Rate Relief (Northern Ireland only)
What is included in the scheme?
For a monthly cost of £4.50 per month, you will receive access to:+
- One vet health consultation per year*
- One vaccination or booster every year, including a pet wellbeing MOT or health check.
- 20% discount on full-price vet treatments** - Once your vet has reduced the price of treatment by 20% you are responsible for paying the bill in full directly to the practice. This means that you will be paying 80% of the full price of any treatment provided.
- Access to a PDSA Helpline giving 24/7 pet care advice from qualified vet nurses, whenever you need it - You will be provided with the Helpline number once registered and this line can be used whenever you need to.
- 15% discount on PDSA Petsurance,*** - Once you are registered you will be provided with a discount code which can be used for certain pet insurance policies.
- A quarterly newsletter packed with useful pet health advice.
How do I register for the scheme?
Simply download an application form, fill in your details and send it back to us with clear photos or a scanned image of your completed form and proof of benefits to email@example.com or to the postal address below:
PDSA Pet Care, Prospect House, North Hylton Road, Sunderland, SR5 3AD
Once we receive your form, we will check eligibility and then call you to arrange your payments.
How can I pay?
There are two ways to pay for PDSA Pet Care.
- Monthly Direct Debit - First 2 months' (£9) paid up front over the phone via a card payment, followed by 10 monthly instalments of £4.50 via Direct Debit. If monthly payments are missed, PDSA reserves the right to withdraw access to PDSA Pet Care.
- Full payment - Full 12 months registration paid up front over the phone via a card payment (£54).
Once your payment has been taken we will send out your welcome pack, which will include your PDSA Pet Care card. This should be taken with you when you attend your practice and sent back to us each time you re-register. If you need to see the vet before your pack arrives, you can show your confirmation email from PDSA.
PDSA Pet Care cannot be transferred to another pet once registration has started. If your circumstances have changed, please call us on 0808 1645040 and we'll be happy to advise you.
Help and support
Before applying for PDSA Pet Care please ensure that you have read the full terms and conditions which are available to download from this page.
If you have any questions about how the Pet Care scheme works, or need support completing your application form you can contact our team on: 0808 1645040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
+ The first two month's payment (£9) is required at registration
*Not including Out of Hours services
**Not including food / nutraceuticals / Out of Hours services / breeding-related treatments or preventive healthcare and not in conjunction with any other practice discount or VIP schemes
*** 15% off for first year only; discount may be withdrawn at any time; discount not available on Accident Only policy; minimum premiums apply. Pet must be over 8-weeks old. For excluded breeds please refer to PDSA’s website.