Bournemouth Half Marathon 2017
The Bournemouth half marathon route follows the full marathon route, starting in Kings Park before making its way down onto the seafront. You continue to take in the beautiful coastal views as you hit mile 6 – standing mid-way between Poole Harbour and Hurst Spit, Hengistbury Head forms the main division between Poole and Christchurch bays.
You then turn west and at around mile 8, you run along the breath-taking Boscombe Pier. The Pier was first constructed in 1856. The Pier has undergone numerous transformations over the years, with the addition of the Bournemouth Pier Theatre in 1959. You then run past Lower Gardens at mile 10 before the final home stretch along the stunning coastal seafront and a grandstand finish.
Minimum sponsorship: £350
Distance: Half Marathon – 13.1 Miles
Already have a place?
If you already have a place and you have paid your entry fee through the event organiser, contact us to take part as an Own Place runner.
We would love to have you running for Team PDSA. There’s no minimum sponsorship, just raise as much as you can!
You'll have the added benefit of not having a sponsorship target, and the same benefits as a Team PDSA member.
What’s so wooftastic about Team PDSA?
By taking part with us, you'll become a member of Team PDSA and you'll receive:
- A ‘pawsome’ guide to get your fundraising up and running
- A fantastic lightweight and breathable branded top ‘for all you cool cats’
- Fundraising support, materials, ideas and tips from our expurrienced ‘pet loving’ team
- The amazing feeling of running for a world where no pet suffers.
- Everyone who joins Team PDSA for the Bournemouth Half Marathon 2017 helps us to continue to treat 1 pet every 5 seconds.