We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help out at events. This ranges from national pet shows to community events in your local area.
If you're passionate about the work we do and want to help spread the word about PDSA, volunteering at an events with us could be an ideal opportunity. We attend some of the largest animal and pet related events in the UK, including the National Pet Show and Countryfile Live and need volunteers to help us run our stand or PetWise van at these events.
We are looking for volunteers who can help us spread the word about the work we do to Prevent, Educate and Treat. As a charity, we rely on the generosity of our supporters so these events are always a fantastic opportunity to talk to people and gain new supporters. It also gives us chance to talk to pet owners and point them in the right direction for help and advice on taking care of their pet.
What event volunteering opportunities are there?
We recruit for two different roles at our events. You will work alongside our in-house team who will provide support if and when you need it. We need volunteers who are enthusiastic about PDSA and confident when talking to new people. We also have members of staff who help at our events, so if there's something you're not sure on you can direct members of the public to them.
Volunteer PDSA Ambassador
We need passionate and enthusiastic people to volunteer to be ambassadors. In this role, you'll engage with visitors and encourage them to support our work. Activities include:
- Speaking to people about PDSA
- Encouraging people to engage with the activities at our PetWise vehicle or stand
- Promote our Pet Protectors club.
Volunteer Event Crew
We need volunteers to be part of our event crew! Like our ambassadors, you'll need to be passionate and enthusiastic about the work we do at PDSA. Activities include:
- Meeting and greeting visitors to our stands and the Petwise vehicle
- Speak to visitors about PDSA
- Supporting our pet operation activities including the messy 'jelly belly slime game' and pet operation
- Dress up as or support our PDSA mascot (outdoor events only)
- Help with retail activities.