Players of People’s Postcode Lottery are fantastic supporters of PDSA. The support we receive from players is invaluable and as a result thousands of pets in need across the UK are now living healthier, happier lives.
In 2019 your support will:
- Fund a new PDSA Petmobile vehicle that can tour communities across the UK offering free health checks, vaccination clinics and even host classes such as pet first aid workshops and school lessonsFund our Get PetWise tour including PetCheck vehicles offering free health checks for dogs across the UK
- Help us visit 100 schools to deliver educational workshops
- Create an online pet health hub resource with condition information, videos and blogs on key conditions
- Enable a new Pet Selector tool available via our website.
Rescue dog Scrabble was given another turn at the game of life after a chance visit to our PetCheck tour helped detect a tumour.
The 12-year-old German shepherd cross was brought along to our mobile tour in Erewash, Derbyshire, by her owner Collette Harrington, after she spotted we were offering free health checks for local dogs.
During the check-up, vet nurse Kaya Hawrylak identified a large swelling in Scrabble’s mammary gland. With Scrabble being unneutered, Kaya feared it could be something very serious.
On Kaya’s advice, Collette (52), took Scrabble in for an urgent appointment at her local vets and was horrified to learn that the lump was a tumour. The vets confirmed Kaya’s suspicions and carried out surgery to remove the potentially cancerous lump and all Scrabble’s other mammary glands on the same side to try to stop the tumour from spreading.
Collette, from Cotmanhay, Ilkeston, who adopted Scrabble from a local animal shelter when she was nine-months-old, said: “I’m so glad I took my beloved girl to PDSA PetCheck that day. If it hadn’t been picked up then, she probably wouldn’t be here today.
“My vets told me it was likely to be an aggressive cancer so she is very lucky indeed. I think the PetWise tour is a great idea and the free health checks they offer are very thorough. I’m incredibly grateful to PDSA for everything they’ve done for Scrabble and can’t thank them enough.”
Our PetWise tour visits communities across the length and breadth of Britain, offering free dog health checks. This year it received a huge boost thanks to funding from players of People’s Postcode Lottery. Our nurses provide expert pet care advice and aim to improve pets’ lives by increasing owners’ understanding of their pet’s needs.
About People's Postcode Lottery
People's Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries promoted by different charities. A list of the charities who fundraise with People's Postcode Lottery is available here. Of every £1 spent on lottery tickets, a minimum of 32p goes directly to these charities, 40p is used for prizes and 28p is paid to us to cover the expenses in running the lotteries. Based on 2018, in 2019 we expect to raise over £125 Million for charity and estimate the costs of marketing and running People's Postcode Lottery to be approximately £109 Million.
Sign up today to play with your postcode for the chance to win!
Guaranteed winners every day.
What can you win?
- In 2019, there are Postcode Millions draws every month, each with a massive £3 Million prize fund.
- Each day, Monday to Friday, winning tickets in 5 postcodes scoop £1,000 each with our Daily Prize.
- In our Saturday & Sunday Street Prizes, you can win £30,000 for every ticket you play with.
- Every Sunday, your ticket can win £100, £50, £20 or £10.
- Every month, every player in a winning postcode can win £25,000 for each ticket they play with and one lucky player will also drive away with a brand new BMW 1 Series. Each month players can also win a Dream Holiday prize worth £7,000
Sign up today and join the fun!
If you would like to play People’s Postcode Lottery, have the chance of winning big and help support PDSA, visit postcodelottery.co.uk or call 0808 10 9 8 7 6 5.
PDSA is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licence: 000-004769-R-324664-003 and 000-004769-N-302832-006. People's Postcode Lottery manages lotteries promoted by different charities. For details of each week’s society lottery visit: www.postcodelottery.co.uk/society. Players must be 16 years or over. Only available to play with postcodes in England, Scotland and Wales. Not available in NI. Conditions apply. Ticket price £10 for 10 draws paid monthly in advance, a minimum of 32% goes to charities. For a full list of prizes visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/prizes Maximum ticket prize is 10% of draw proceeds up to £400,000. Postcode Lottery Ltd is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licences 000-000829-N-102511-014 and 000-000829-R-102513-013. Registered office: Postcode Lottery Ltd, Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR. Company reg. no. 04862732. VAT reg. no 848 3165 07.