Anal gland infections/abscesses are extremely painful and can burst through the skin if they aren’t treated quickly. Contact your vet ASAP if you think your dog has an anal gland abscess.
Chocolate contains a substance called ‘theobromine’ which is toxic to dogs and cats. It’s similar to caffeine and can cause problems with the nervous system, bowels, kidneys and heart.
If your pet had been involved in a road traffic accident, take them to a vet straight away. Read our advice on the best way to care for them.