Free Will Writing Offer
As a PDSA supporter we encourage you to make or update your Will – and we'll cover the cost. There's no obligation on you to include a gift in your Will to PDSA, however it's our hope that you will use the opportunity to let your love of pets live on by helping us to continue our work.
About our Free Will Offer
It's so important to have a proper, legal Will. Only then can you be sure your property and possessions will go to the people you love and the causes you believe in.
That's why we're offering to cover the cost of your Will. We will pay the cost of a simple Will or a Mirror Will directly to your solicitor if you are aged 50 or over.
Take up our offer
There are 2 ways to take up our Will writing offer:
1 – Visit a local qualified solicitor through the Free Wills Network
We have teamed up with the National Free Wills Network to offer you a free Will writing scheme. The scheme lets our supporters (aged 50 and over) to have their Will written for free, using a qualified solicitor local to you.
How to use our free Wills Scheme:
- Complete our National Free Wills Network enquiry form or call 0800 591248
- Our partner; National Free Wills Network will then send you a pack with details of between 2 and 6 local firms participating in the scheme within two weeks.
- Complete the yellow declaration form and decide how you'd like to support PDSA in your Will (you are under no obligation to do so).
- Request an appointment with one of the participating solicitors in your area.
You're under no obligation to leave a gift to us in your Will, and of course friends and family must always come first.
If you do choose to leave PDSA a gift in your Will, you'll be there every time we save a pet's life.
2 – Over the phone with Co-operative Legal Services
To make your Will over the phone with Co-operative Legal Services, call 0330 606 9621 and quote PDSA1. Phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am-8pm (excluding bank holidays). There are two steps to the process:
- A no obligation discussion about your circumstances and options.
- If you want to use the service, you can book an appointment with a Will writing specialist.
How gifts in Wills make a difference
Two thirds of the pets seen by our vets are treated thanks to gifts left in Wills. Your generosity means we can be there for pets like Selby.
Selby the Husky was just 9 weeks old when he was rushed to our Bradford Pet Hospital. The tiny puppy was suffering with terrible diarrhoea and sickness – all signs of killer Parvovirus
With no cure for Parvovirus, Selby's life was in the balance and our vets gave him 24 hour care to try to save him. After a week in intensive care, Selby turned a corner and started to recover, to the relief of his owner, Christopher. 'I can't thank the vets and nurses at PDSA enough,' Christopher said. 'They've saved his life and I'll always be grateful to them.'