- A dog with diabetes isn’t able to control their blood sugar level.
- They aren’t able to produce enough insulin which means their blood sugar level gets very high (like type 1 diabetes in people).
- Diabetes requires lifelong treatment, it can’t be cured.
- Treatment involves insulin injections, careful feeding and exercise control.
- Owning a diabetic dog is a big commitment but with the right treatment and careful monitoring it’s possible for your dog to live a long, happy life.
Please take a look at our three videos: