- Entropion is when an eyelid rolls in towards the eyeball, causing fur and eyelashes to rub the surface of the eye.
- Entropion is very painful and often leads to problems such as conjunctivitis, infections and ulcers.
- Left untreated, entropion can cause blindness or even loss of an eye.
- Entropion is most common in dogs with excess skin/skin folds and dogs with short noses.
- Treatment for entropion usually involves an operation and fortunately a successful surgery is likely to cure the problem.