What to do if you're worried about your pet
Our Pet Hospitals are prioritising emergency and urgent treatments at the moment, and providing as many services through remote appointments as possible. We are doing our best to provide other more routine care, however this is dependent on capacity and may vary week to week.
If you’re worried about your pet please follow the steps below:
- Check our Pet Health Hub for information about your pet’s health
- In a life-threatening emergency, please call your local Pet Hospital directly
- For any other issues, please use our call back request form and someone will call you back within 3-5 days
- Check the level of service available at your nearest PDSA
- It’s now a requirement to wear face coverings in all vet practices in England and Scotland. Please bring a suitable face covering with you if you have an appointment at one of our Pet Hospitals.
- For other help or advice check the links below.
Speaking to a vet or vet nurse:
Request a callback
To help assess if your pet needs to see a vet please fill in our call back form.
PDSA Pet Health Hub
Read expert advice from our vets about your pet's symptoms, conditions and medications.
Visiting our Pet Hospitals
If you do have an appointment confirmed at a Pet Hospital, we have put measures in place to keep everyone safe.
Our Pet Hospitals:
Your local hospital
As things change in the coming months, you can check what services your local Pet Hospital is able to offer here.
Medications and repeat prescriptions
We’re delivering as many urgent medications for your pets as possible, including repeat prescriptions.
Contribute towards your pet's treatment
We've seen a huge drop in donations and fundraising due to coronavirus. If you can contribute to your pet's treatment, it will help us keep our hospitals open.
Advice for caring for your pet during the pandemic:
We've answered some of the most common questions you're asking about caring for your pet during this time.
The lifesaving steps to take if your pet is injured or unwell.
Useful guide and advice from our vets and nurses about looking after your pet and what to do if you're self-isolating.
Not a PDSA client?
If you're not registered as a PDSA client but are worried about vet bills and caring for your pet, check if you're eligible for our service and find out how to register