Real-life Stories

We've always so much going on at PDSA, from fundraising and volunteering in our local shops, to our awards celebrating remarkable animals and our well-known Pet Fit Club.

Here's a snapshot of what we do as part of our work to help pets in need.

Dog nearly dies after swallowing tennis ball

A Husky-cross called Pax from Brighton came down with a sudden mystery illness recently; he had stopped eating, was being sick and became very lethargic, so worried owner turned to vet charity, PDSA, for help.

Read more

Meouch! Flearoy the cat survives near cat-astrophe after fall from fifth-floor window

A cat named Flearoy proved that black cats can be lucky after surviving a 50 foot plunge from an apartment window.

Read more

Dog 'in the ruff' after swallowing golf ball

A Dalmatian was left feeling well under par after he swallowed a golf ball that could have killed him.

Read more

Dog nearly dies after swallowing tennis ball

A Husky-cross called Pax from Brighton came down with a sudden mystery illness recently; he had stopped eating, was being sick and became very lethargic, so worried owner turned to vet charity, PDSA, for help.

Read more

Meouch! Flearoy the cat survives near cat-astrophe after fall from fifth-floor window

A cat named Flearoy proved that black cats can be lucky after surviving a 50 foot plunge from an apartment window.

Read more

Dog 'in the ruff' after swallowing golf ball

A Dalmatian was left feeling well under par after he swallowed a golf ball that could have killed him.

Read more

Dog nearly dies after swallowing tennis ball

A Husky-cross called Pax from Brighton came down with a sudden mystery illness recently; he had stopped eating, was being sick and became very lethargic, so worried owner turned to vet charity, PDSA, for help.

Read more

Meouch! Flearoy the cat survives near cat-astrophe after fall from fifth-floor window

A cat named Flearoy proved that black cats can be lucky after surviving a 50 foot plunge from an apartment window.

Read more

Dog 'in the ruff' after swallowing golf ball

A Dalmatian was left feeling well under par after he swallowed a golf ball that could have killed him.

Read more