Is your cat drinking and peeing too much?
Most owners rarely see their cat drink, especially if they are fed a wet diet. This is because cats get most of their water from their food. If you suddenly start noticing your cat drinking, it may be a sign that something is wrong. Ask yourself, is your cat…
- Drinking more than usual?
- Thirsty all the time?
- Emptying their water bowl more quickly than usual?
- Drinking from taps, puddles or streams more regularly than usual?
- Drinking so much that they vomit?
- Visiting their litter tray more often or peeing in larger volumes?
- Weeing in the house?
…if so, contact your vet for an appointment. It can be helpful to take a urine sample along, and tell you vet exactly how much your cat is drinking in a 24 hour period. For help with both these tasks watch our videos below.