Your cat’s body shape
Great news! From the image you selected, it looks like your cat is an ideal weight.
Cats need to be at a healthy weight to live their best lives, so it is essential that owners keep a close eye on their pet’s shape and weight. That way, if your cat suddenly loses a lot of weight or they pile on the pounds, you can help get them back on track.
To help your cat maintain their ideal weight, here are our top tips:
- Treats – The occasional treat is fine, but make sure the number of food treats doesn’t start to creep up.
- Diet – Stick to the same food, weighing it out daily based on your cat’s ideal weight.
- Play – Keep your pet active and mentally stimulated through playtime!
- Routine – Feed your cat at the same time and same place each day.
- Shape –check your cat’s shape regularly so you spot any changes.
Click on the cards below for our expert advice on feeding your cat treats, diets, exercise, and Body Condition Scoring (BCS).
Body Condition Scoring
Body Condition Scoring (BCS) helps owners and vets assess a pet’s body shape to check if they’re healthy. Read about how to check if your four-legged friend is in shape.