Who said dog toys have to be expensive? If you’re feeling crafty – or are just looking for something to do with the kids – you can make your dog a brand new toy using items from around the home.
To make this toy, you’ll need:
- A pet-safe ball (we've used a tennis ball, but remember that the larger the dog, the larger the ball needs to be so they can't swallow it)
- Some material (we used old hoodies)
Check out our video below (thanks to Prince the Beagle for being the official toy tester) for an easy step-by-step guide:
- Cut two (fairly long) strips of material. They should be wide enough to wrap around the ball.
- Lay your material out and cross them over to make a plus sign.
- Pop the ball in the middle and wrap the material around your ball. Use a separate piece of material to tie it underneath to secure the ball in place.
- You should now have four bits of material hanging down (looks like an octopus). Cut each strip into three smaller strips.
- Plait all of the strips and tie each one off at the end.
- Give to your dog and watch them enjoy!
Remember to supervise your dog with their toy to make sure they don’t swallow any bits.