What you'll need:
- A bag of long stranded feeding hay
- A small amount of your small pets' favourite vegetables (optional)
What to do:
- Firstly, you’ll need to make a rope out of hay to hold the wreath together. All you’ll need to do is take 3 small handfuls of long stranded hay and begin plaiting them together – it’s easier than it sounds, we promise! Each time you plait, add another small clump of hay and you’ll begin to see a rope forming. Keep plaiting until your rope is roughly double the length that you’d like to wreath to be. Once you have your length, take your scissors and trim away any excess hay.
- Next, you’re ready to construct your wreath! Take a big handful of hay – or 2, depending on how big you’d like your wreath to be – and begin placing it into a ring shape. You’ll want to make sure it’s quite thick, so it can hold itself together.
- Once you have your ring shape, take your hay rope and begin weaving it over and under your wreath. Once you get to the end, tie the two ends of the hay rope together – this should form a wreath that holds its shape. To help shape your wreath further, take your scissors and trim any excess hay.
- Now for the fun part! If you want to make your wreath look even more festive, you can thread some a small amount of your guinea pigs’ favourite veggies! Yummy herbs work well, but you can also get creative by making fun shapes out of bell peppers or carrots!
- Finally, you’re ready to lay the wreath on the floor of your guinea pigs’ enclosure! Watch as your popcorning piggies enjoy their festive snack!